Sunday, October 26, 2008

HM Challenge -Anything But a Card


I actually wanted to do more than just this little sticky notes holder, I worked on an altered comp book as well, but just couldn't get it to work out. That is part of the reason I waited this long to post. In the process I came up with an idea for my June calendar pages so that is a good thing.


Supplies used: Cloud 9 Design Cocoa Bouquet and Mint Cluster, prisma pencils, SU ink Baja Breeze, CM corner rounder, World Win Treasures Dark Brown Cardstock






Tim put Vista Ultimate on my laptop, hoping that it will work with the scanner part of the printer. At first we couldn't even get the printer to work with this new operating system. One thing about Ultimate if we choose to change it to XP we will be able to. He couldn't do it when I first bought this, it wouldn't accept the downgrade. He did some reading and found that Ultimate will accept downgrading to XP. I'd like for Ultimate to work only because it takes awhile to get this all up and running, but if it does not then XP it is. I think they (Microsoft) should've never put Vista out! It's given purchasers the most problems of any operating system ever!

This week I made the most awesome roast chicken! I actually made it for the first time about a week or so ago and it was so well eaten by everyone I made it again Friday. I just put in a search for roast chicken since I wanted to try something different. I found this recipe on cooks.com Here it is: 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) 5 cloves garlic - I use the minced fresh garlic which comes to 2.5 tsp. 1 onion, chopped fine 1 TBSP Taragon salt and pepper to taste 1 lg roasting chicken Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a small pan, then add garlic, onion and spice. Clean chicken; pat dry and brush inside and outside with the butter mixture. Place chicken in oven roasting pan and cover with foil. Put into oven and bake for 1 hour. Then remove the foil and continue to cook until browned.
There it is all ready to go in the oven ---------->






And last but not least I wanted to show you the little bit of fall decor I did outside on our front porch.
Doesn't it look nice? Noah found the potty chair somewhere and brought it home last weekend. I had bought the pumpkin a day or so before he brought that home. He found another plant stand and we're using it in the house for a violet that Tim brought home from work for employee appreciation week.

Well now that you have a good look at the little bit of fall decor I want to show you how it looks today. No, no one smashed the pumpkin, but apparently there is a squirrel or squirrels that like pumpkin! The squirrels around here are NOT skittish of people at all and they will come right up to the porch even while you're standing there. But of course, this was done during the night or wee morning
hours.





Well I hope you all had a wonderful fall weekend. I really need to get outdoors more and enjoy it. I so want to go take some fall foliage photos before it gets too late. Of course it doesn't help when it rains!

8 comments:

Els G. said...

Well I think your sticky notes holder looks fabulous! It's been worth waiting for!
I work with Vista too, and never had so mainy complaints about drivers not working anymore, it's realy frustrating.
Your roasted chicken looks delicious, I'm going to try it out on of these days.
I can't blame those squirrels for liking your fall decor, but hey at least they keep you busy and creative, lol!
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Enjoy your day!
Els
x

Angela V. said...

That chicken looks really yummy...might have to try that!
The outside decoration look(ed) really nice, too bad that pesky little squirrel ate it! The little potty chair is adorable though!

Catherine said...

love your sticky note holder and you just have the perfect stamp for it.

And a potty stand for your planter, it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your Post-it wallet is wonderful!!! I love the deep, chocolate brown paired with the soft, sweet blue. Gorgeous combination!!

I thought I was done eating for the night, but that chicken looks dee-lish!!! Yummmmm...think I'll be giving the recipe a try tomorrow night:o)

Sorry about your pumpkin:o( I suppose the squirrels are happy...and quite full. Still, the "potty" planter is fabulous and looks great in spite of the partially eaten pumpkin!!!

Hope your week is fantastic, and you have time to enjoy the outdoors:O)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

oh wow, looks like that squirrel took out a big chunk of your pumpkin. hehe.

love the note holder! looks great!

-sarah

Ellie said...

I think the sticky holder looks great, how creative! The chicken of course looks delicious and the nerve of those squirrels eating the pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Did your squirrel use the potty chair too?
Love all of your work and the chicken looks scrumptious.
Sorry about your pumpkin fatality.
Connie

Anonymous said...

How can i remove windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops first software?
I suffer with recently bought a in use accustomed to laptop that is old. The himself I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, regular although it instance came with windows Me. I after to oust the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more tribute than the windows Me would. Also I want to massacre windows xp because it is an illegal copy. So when I tried to run updates on it, windows would not initiate updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://kladeac.makesboyscrazy.com]amparo grisales[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

It's best to take one's leave of [URL=http://lelrzag.makesgirlscrazy.com/lazboy-furniture-review.html]lazboy furniture review[/URL] Windows XP and even-handed upgrade your laptop. It's much better. [URL=http://nafukxo.makesgirlscrazy.com/ed-oropeza-idaho.html]ed oropeza idaho[/URL] Except for, Windows XP is scheme [URL=http://vxkfcol.makesgirlscrazy.com/lesson-plans-and-worksheets-on-dna.html]lesson plans and worksheets on dna[/URL] heartier then Windows Me. Windows Me is unused and multifarious programs that can run with XP, can't [URL=http://kladeac.makesboyscrazy.com/cdr-rotor-control-wiring-diagram.html]cdr rotor control wiring diagram[/URL] look over with Me.
------------------------------
all you possess to do is brochure the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the resentful [URL=http://freiskq.makesgirlscrazy.com/kussmaul-respirations.html]kussmaul respirations[/URL] sift with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://rgofixu.makesboyscrazy.com/antique-padlock-levers.html]antique padlock levers[/URL] thump any key when it tells you to then put from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE COPY TO WIPE [URL=http://tphueks.makesboyscrazy.com/cub-scout-pack-meeting-gathering-activity.html]cub scout pack meeting gathering activity[/URL] MANIFEST THE [URL=http://vayaxff.makesboyscrazy.com/pyrex-mixing-bowls.html]pyrex mixing bowls[/URL] TOTAL INSCRUTABLE SEND WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH HARD [URL=http://racwnlx.makesgirlscrazy.com/serdeczna-matko.html]serdeczna matko[/URL] DRIVE TO INSTALL IT ON. THEN SUM UP ALL THE UNENCUMBERED ARRAY ON THE EMPTY [URL=http://rgofixu.makesboyscrazy.com/anti-acne-oral-steroids.html]anti acne oral steroids[/URL] REALISTIC DRIVE ONTO A UP TO DATE DOCUMENTATION FINGERS ON, IT INCLINATION LOOK LIKE C:/ Exposed or something like that