Monday, November 24, 2008

HM Polka Dots & Thankful

I wanted to create a non-traditional looking Christmas card for last week's HM challenge. I worked on this card on Sat and took photos yesterday. I didn't have a chance to add the photo in time for the challenge. I was quite surprised to see that HM Challenge today is Polka Dots. Well guess what I used to make my non-traditional looking Christmas card? The paper is called Mistletoe Polka Dot!!! I was also lucky that my secret pal sent me this awesome HM stamp last week. TY TY TY!!!!! I wasn't sure I liked this card, but I think it is growing on me.

With Thanksgiving only about 2 days away and me needing to remember what I'm thankful for I decided to post a list here. We are having Thanksgiving here and it's the first time for Tim's family to come to a holiday at our home. I'm feeling a bit stressed because everyone seems to be making this more difficult than it needs to be...so instead of venting here I'd like to list what I'm thankful for. A much better choice don't you think?
  • I am thankful that cancer is treatable and that chemotherapy is working.
  • I am so very thankful that Tim is able to work while getting chemotherapy treatments our income would be so much more stressed if he could not.
  • I am thankful for Tim's love and support. It's so cool that he doesn't mind going to LSS's & craft stores.
  • I am thankful for family and friends who are a great support system.
  • I am also thankful for online friends who stop by and ask how we're doing, leave comments and just generally spread happiness.
  • I am thankful for my two boys even though at times they drive me nuts, I can say I am truly thankful for them and love them both deeply.
  • Even though I would rather be working so our money situation would be less stressful I am thankful for this time of unemployment, I am able to get meals on the table earlier, I can plan a meal and try new recipes, I can bake, I can clean the house during the day instead of on weekends and I can fit in being creative - which can be so therapeutic.
Graphics found here: http://www.patswebgraphics.com


PS I've actually created a floral arrangement in a pumpkin for Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's a few years ago. I'll have to search for a photo and post it.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving Everyone!

17 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

This is adorable. Wonderful card.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Great card!

mueppi said...

Lisa, your card and this image are wonderful!
Hugs Gisela

Angela V. said...

I love the little card, very cute! Polka dots are always fun! I wish you the best of luck with your holiday feast and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sharon said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the image. So sweet!
Hope your life is less stressful soon. x

Catherine said...

What not to like on your HM card...is just too cute.

I really enjoy your list on something to thankful for :)

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Aren't sure if you like it? What are you talking about? This card is absolutely adorable and totally snuggleriffic!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Then again, I am a Carmen O. fan through and through:o)

I loved reading your list of things to be thankful for. You are such an inspiration to us all:o) I wish you and your family all the very best of everything!!! I am thankful to have found you:o)

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list. I love the new card, and I am thankful for your blog! I look forward to reading it!

Cazzy said...

Gorgeous card, I like the ticket. Happy Thanksgiving to you, I hope things all work out for you and your family.

Joanne said...

Great card! I am thankful for many things too. Reading yours was very moving. Thanks for sharing something so personal... (hugs)

Emma said...

I think it's a fabulous card. x

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Carmen!!!! I know you cooked up a delectable feast:o) I hope you and your family have a fabulous day:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Lorraine said...

wonderful paper and such an absolutely adorable image. great job putting it all together!

Maria Matter said...

Your HM card is lovely! beautiful coloring!
Prayers for an overwhelming peace in your life!
blessings, Maria

theneon said...

Your card is absolutely perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. Martha Kay

Janneke said...

Great card. Thank for joining us at HM&F

X Janneke

Els G. said...

Love your card! It's gorgeous!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Els
x