Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shameless Promo & we're still here...

Just wanted to drop by and let you know we're still here. Tim's drug trial is going well and he's in the second week of it. Monday he gets the drug but has to remain there for 12 hrs and have blood drawn hourly and urine collected. We packed food in a cooler last Monday for us only to find out he got breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hospital food of course, but still something. So this week Monday I packed less. Then he has to go back for 24, 48 and 72 hr blood draws and urine collection. So tomorrow is the 72 hr check of the second week. Next week he is off I believe...we're not sure if he has to go Monday or not, we'll make sure tomorrow. Then it starts again, but not long days like these past two weeks. One thing I can say for sure about Karmanos is they are super friendly and helpful! Employees say hi and good morning to you no matter where you are in the center. There are several hospitals all sort of connected. One side of the street is all hospitals and part of the other side is Wayne State University. Trying to talk Mitch into going there since they have a theater program...hey Mitch whaddya think? :). Speaking of Mitch he's in tech/dress rehearsal week, the musical opens this Friday. We're thinking about waiting til next weekend to go see him.

He's been lucky enough to carpool this past month. This weekend may be a little different though as the driver has lots of other things going on as well. Waiting for him to call so I can go pick him up nearby -- in MI just over the border. Lots and lots of driving lately.

Did do some cards on Sunday night and Monday while at KCC. Used the One Sheet Wonder method and so far have 10 cards put together. Gosh the cards are so much easier to make this way. Plan on sending these to cardsforheroes. Cardsforheroes.org is an awesome charity that collects handmade cards to send to those in the service so they have cards to send to their family and friends. While I was making cards at KCC on Monday I was asked if I scrapbook and I said yes, but right now I am making cards. I then let them know they were for cardsforheroes and they said they'd let their granddaughter who scrapbooks know about it. I said yes it's an easy cause to donate to as most scrapbookers have everything they need to make cards. Of course some new paper now and then is always fun! You should really check them out and see what kind of challenges they have going. I know there is a Christmas in July challenge. I'll post the cards I've got done on my next post. Things will slow down a bit the next few days and I'll be able to catch up a bit :D. Here is a video you can check out about CFH (click the word video). I'll put a blinkie link on the right side of my blog for the Christmas Card challenge just click the blinkie and it should take you to the challenge info.

Hope you all are having a great week! Take Care
Hugs,
Carm

2 comments:

Angela V. said...

I'm so happy to hear that all of the treatments are going well! Have fun going to see the show, I just love going to watch plays/musicals!

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweetheart!!! I am so proud to call you my friend:o) Love ya, girlie!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn