Saturday, October 18, 2008

HM Challenge #9

Wow I can hardly believe it's challenge 9 already! The sad thing is I haven't been able to enter the challenge since #5. I tried last week, but it was Sunday evening and it just wasn't working out. For this challenge I had to try twice before I got it right. My sweetie bought me two stamps for Sweetest Day. I got these two stamps: Happy Hoppers An Apple A Day and Splish, Splash...A Citrus Bath. We also found some fabric to make curtains for the bedroom, woohoo we don't have to wake up to the super sunshine in the am :D. I will probably be sewing again tomorrow or at least getting them cut out.

Back to the challenge, this card is a little larger than I usually make. Lately I've been doing 5.5"x5.5". This time since the stamp was a little larger I went with 6"x6". I hope sometime to make it to Hollo's papercrafts to get some of the envelopes for these size cards. They have some pretty good deals on envelopes and paper. So if you live in the Cleveland area or don't mind going on roadtrip Hollo's Papercrafts is the place to go. If you go you might as well hit all the scrapbook and stamp stores along the way, hehehe.

Okay okay so here is the card.
I had to trim some of the image off in order to make it fit the card. I love this BoBunny Back to Backs dbl sided paper I think it's perfect for this. Also, the green ric rac I found at Big Lots and I think it fit perfectly. The velvet brads set it off perfectly, not sure of the brand as they were a RAK. All of this on Bazzill cardstock.

8 comments:

eviledna said...

Oooo, fabulous colouring, especially like the apples. Perfect combo of papers. I haven't got any HM rabbits :( Must put on my wish list :).
Take care & keep smiling
Ann

Catherine said...

too cute and same here, i haven't been playing with HM challenges :(

Angela V. said...

cute little card!

Emma said...

Fabulous card and i love the colours and your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with HM&F. x

Anonymous said...

Carmen...Carmen...Carmen...this card is FANTABULOUS!!!! I am in love with the bright and cheerful papers. And like you, I think the rick-rack and the velvet brads are perfect! Actually, the whole card is absolute PERFECTION!!! Love it! Love it!! LOVE IT!!! So glad you could play:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Els G. said...

Great card. Love the colours and DP you used! I all fits perfectly.
Els
x

theneon said...

Very cute card. Thanks for sharing.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is so cute. Love the papers and brads. Great response to the challenge.