Firsts 2016
I purchased this lovely Unity stamp set back in September when I was at Bellacon15 at Mall of America. We used it in our mixed media class and I thought it would be a great addition to make some awesome art. It took me this long to get it out and use it. After seeing the quick tag video from Unity I had to see if I could create one myself. I decided to emboss with white embossing powder and then I sponged marigold, lipstick and barn door disress inks on the flower. I used tea dye distress ink on the background of the tag. I tried stamping and embossing the sentiment on the tag, but it didn't work out. So I cut out a die cut and stamped and embossed that with copper ep. I distressed that with tea dye, lipstick and marigold. Adding some texture paste mixed with glitter stickles using a stencil Rebekah Meier Designs stencil. I have yet to figure out what to use as the tie.
Well I imagine after that long story, if you're still here, you'don't like to see the tag. Smiles. I am entering this in the Unity blog hop. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your weekend is going great.
12 comments:
Beautiful! Love the coloring of the bloom and die cut.
Pretty tag!
That is quite an awesome tag!
Great tag!
Beautiful tag! Love the colors and texture.
sweet tag...I pinned this as I don't get into doing tags much, but should just for quick little give-aways
Lovely tag. Love the color of the flower.
Beautiful tag!
Wonderful work, Carmen! So detailed and unique with the color inclusion - very creative! I imagine this to be so relaxing and serene to create :)
Happy New Year blessings to you - here's to a wonderful 2016!
Oh, my....this is just spectacular!!! I LOVE how this turned out. I need to remember to try sponging an embossed image like that. Love the subtle texture the heat embossing gives your tag, also!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Very pretty tag. Hugz
Beautiful. I really have to work on my embossing technique.
Post a Comment