Tuesday, April 21, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #34

This week the challenge over at House Mouse & Friends is Springtime. I checked out my HM stamps that might work for spring and Helping Hand fits the bill. I decided to make it a shaker card. I used Bazzill Celtic Green Dotted Swiss and I think the yellow one is called Butter. I used a cake doily for underneath and topped it with some Prima flowers and a SEI button. I used my word window punch and a sentiment from The Paper Company spring clear stamp set. Also the lavendar ink is from the same stamp set. The tiny brads are American Crafts. I used my Prisma pencils and OMS to color the image.


I put a Pork Tenderloin Roast in the crockpot around 6:15 this morning. Boy is it smelling yummy now! Making my mouth water. Just have to come up with some side dishes and I'll be all set for supper. I guess I'd better eat some breakfast, I think an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese will work mmmm. :D

14 comments:

Angela V. said...

Great card! I cook in my crock-pot a lot too, it just makes the evenings so much easier! Especially when we have a track meet and baseball game on the same night!

scrapperjulia said...

I love shaker boxes and this one is great! Nice job on the challenge!

Grace said...

OMgoodness this is just too cute!!! I love this image! I have drooled over it and now while you are drooling over your pork tenderloin, I am drooling over this shaker card! What a great element the shaker adds! I just love your coloring and the little details! Fabulous!!!

America said...

Terrific HM card, fun details and lovely colors. Thanks for playing along with us at HM&F.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a lovely card! perfect for the challenge! and so clever to make it a shaker! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so springy and cute. great layout and your pork tenderloin made my mouth water reading that. hee hee

Anonymous said...

This is G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S!!!!! I love the soft colors, the adorable image, the delightful layout, your fabulous coloring...the EVERYTHING!!!! I still have not attempted a shaker card. I am such a chicken!!! You have created a stunning Springtime card!!! I love it...love it...LOVE IT (lots and lots and lots)!!!

The bagel and pork roast sounds scrumptious!!! Mind if I come over?;o)

Love ya!!!
Carolyn

Maria said...

Oooh gorgeous HM card. It feels like spring looking at your card especially with the beautiful prima flowers. Beautiful job on your coloring and I'm really loving your layout. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment on my HM card!!

Maria

Sue said...

Card is so cute. Love the shaker and the doily is a nice touch.
Hope you get only good news at the Cleveland Clinic, keeping you in my prayers.
I LOVE HALLOS----Enjoy.

Valerie said...

So Cute! I love your card.

Moni said...

Fab card, love the colouring and the details on the card are awesome! Thanks for stopping on my blog! Hugs, moni

Dru said...

Hi Carmen, thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hello! This HM card is adorable - love the colors, and the flower embellishment - very pretty. I've never done a shaker card - maybe one of these days. Happy Friday!

stephanne said...

Hi Carmen,
Lovin' your image selection, really cute, I love hummingbirds!! I think you picked a wonderful color pallette and the accesories are too cute. Now, I must be leaving, I am suddenly STARVING!!

And of course, thanks for taking a peek at my card this week, I appreciate it!!
Enjoy your weekend,
Stephanne

Dawn said...

Hi Carmen

Aww I love your card and the lace doily is fab..

Thanks for stopping by

Dawn