That's it for today. I've been posting so much this week that I haven't gotten many comments :(. But I know that everyone is getting busier and busier with Spring and warmer weather upon us. Many thanks to those who stop by to see what's new and leave a comment! Thursday, April 16, 2009
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #2
This week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge the theme is This is for the Birds. You must include a bird or birds and of course stamping. Well about 2 wks ago it was my parents' anniversary. I have this great inkadinkado stamp with two birds on it and all of a sudden this quote popped into my head. So I looked it up in the quotes section of scrapbook.com to get it right. I typed it out and then spent time trying to get it die cut and embossed with my nestabilities. Well I decided to remake the card last night for the challenge with a couple of changes. I embossed the birds with clear embossing powder and I did the quote in a larger labels 1 die. I also got a better embossing by taping down the sides of the die cut piece and the die to the A plate. I lifted the card from Karen Rose on Splitcoaststampers.com I think it's so great that SCS now has a gallery for Occasions. It's now much easier to come up with a card for an occasion. I have harder time with Anniversary, Wedding, and Sympathy cards for some reason. But now with the Occasions gallery I can get some ideas woo hoo! And now the card:
That's it for today. I've been posting so much this week that I haven't gotten many comments :(. But I know that everyone is getting busier and busier with Spring and warmer weather upon us. Many thanks to those who stop by to see what's new and leave a comment!
That's it for today. I've been posting so much this week that I haven't gotten many comments :(. But I know that everyone is getting busier and busier with Spring and warmer weather upon us. Many thanks to those who stop by to see what's new and leave a comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Hi Carmen, this is beautiful and so elegant, love your colour combo. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx
Hi Carmen, this is a gorgeous card and a lovely quote. Thanks for joining us at SSC.
Liza x
this is a very pretty, elegant card! great work!
Hi Carmen
What a delightful card and a wondeful quote, perfect for the image.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week over on SSC and good luck.
Joanne x
Hi Carm...you're so right! Simple but extremely elegant! I just love it! AND...you KNOW I love the color choice too!
Thanks for participating. Hope you can join us again next week for some more challenge fun!
Hugs,
Priscilla
I love this card! Simple and beautiful and totally elegant!
carmen this is a perfect anniversary card the colours are gorgeous
hugs
helen x
gorgeous card, I love the colour combination. Well done x
What a lovely card! Love the color combo and layout. Thanks for playing!
The sentiment is just as beautiful as the card itself. Wonderful work!
Lovely card and great color choice. Thanks for playing along this week at SSC.
Donna x
such an elegant card thank you for taking part
This is such a gorgeous card!! Love the colourcombo and the sentiment is just so beautiful!
Thanks for joining us this week at SSC and we hope to see you back next week!
Hugs, Line
Love how serene this card is. I also love your pearl details along the bottom. Thanks for playing along.
Nice job of putting the colors together. I love the birds stamped in blue against the background and the phrase is just perfect.
Great card ;0)
Thanks for joining us.
Janneke X
Classy card with a great sentiment and image.
xoxo
This is beautiful!!!! I love this color combo, and that sentiment is perfect for an anniversary...just like the darling lovebirds:o) I know your parents are going to love this beauty!!! I sure do:o)
Love and Hugs!!!
Carolyn
Post a Comment