Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Busy Beauties - Strawberry Lolita

Ok after seeing Sketch and Stash Challenge 21 I finally figured out I could possibly do something with this digi stamp Strawberry Lolita. She is one of the images from the new digi stamp company Busy Beauties Boutique. You can find Busy Beauties Boutique here. She was intimidating to me, I mean what was I gonna do with her? But after going to Sketch and Stash challenge blog I had an idea. In my head was the movie The Santa ClausE with Tim Allen. Weren't Santa's elves dressed spectacularly? So there is where my idea came from. Meet Christmas Lolita!




So what do you think am I crazy or crazy like a fox? I will be entering her in the Sketch and Stash challenge. I enjoyed making this card and even though the embellishment took me awhile to figure out I think I did okay. If you like the Busy Beauties please join us on Paper Craft Planet. There is a Busy Beauties group. Come and chat and show us what you create with these fabulous Beauties!!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Definitely crazy like a fox! What a fantabulous idea for Lolita! Loving how you colored her dress and the candy canes are a great accent. How cool is this!?!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh, I love this! what a great idea!!! she is perfect for Christmas!!! :) and cute button!

Tammy said...

Wow....This is FABULOUS Carmen!! I love the colors and the little candycanes in the corner are a perfect touch!! Love the DP!!! I just love your Lolita!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Carmen. She is fantabulous! I love the colors and your layout is just awesome! Your mojo was kicked in high gear with this one! WOW!

Angela V. said...

This card is awesome! I love that you used that movie's costumes as inspiration and ran with it! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Christmas Lolita is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Carmen, She fit the Christmas theme perfect! Love the embellishments! Pam

Anonymous said...

CrAzY? Crazy like a fox!!! This card is GORGEOUS!!!! I love that you made her sooooo Christmasy:o) And you know me....I am totally in love with all the sparkle and shimmer!!! Talk about eye candy!!! Yummy!!!! Okay...now I am ready for a party with lots of sweet treats:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Carmen... I love your new digi!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Chrissie said...

Well I think this looks fabulous Carmen, so not crazy at all in my book!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Curt in Indy said...

Wonderful card! You did a fab job with this image. Great Christmas card! Best, Curt

Jill said...

gorgeous card Carmen a great take on Becky's sketch and I love that image thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Barbara said...

Carmen, I'm a bit late getting around to see the Lolitas (I didn't even get my own done) but I am glad I didn't miss yours! She looks beautiful! Great coloring and the layout suits her perfectly!

Barb

Anki said...

Love it! Wish you a great week and thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog. Kram - Anki

MiamiKel said...

Now THIS is the most creative I have seen - it's SUPER!!!!!!! Wow! The coloring and dsp are just SPOT ON! You hit this one outta the park, girl! WOOOHOO!!