Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cedaroma Lodge

Well hello there friends!  I know it's been awhile since I've posted.  I did start a post a week or so ago, I wanted to let you know about my winning a week's stay at cabin here in Wisconsin.  I liked Discover Wisconsin on Facebook awhile ago. I entered to win their giveaways every so often but have never thought much about it.  Isn't that how it usually goes?  Well sometime around Christmas or shortly thereafter a friend commented on Facebook something to the effect of how did it feel to win?  I was puzzled and typed huh?  She typed you didn't know you won a week's stay at Cedaroma Lodge in St Germain, WI?  I typed no...of course I was in the process of checking it out for myself.  Sure enough!  It was there on the Discover Wisconsin page and the Cedaroma Facebook page and then I got the email confirming it. I was on the quest of who to take with me.  I thought of my sons first, we all need a break.  Then a dear friend mentioned that it would probably be more fun to do a girl's getaway. So I contacted friends and family who I thought needed a break.  I thought it would be fun to craft/scrapbook/make cards together.  So many couldn't get away for a whole week.  Which I was beginning to doubt myself as I'm a temp worker with no benefits.  I emailed Lynn the owner of Cedaroma Lodge and asked if I took part of the week and would it be okay to gift the rest of the week? She gave me the okay.  Well finding someone to take the rest of the week was just as difficult.  I did find one friend that was able to go with.  She works with Mitchell at Goodwill and we've been scrap booking together for over a year now.  She is one of the nicest people I've met since moving to this area.  She is always positive and kind just what I've needed after all the ups and lots of downs I've been through.

We decided to go over this past weekend.  My birthday was on Monday the 4th, and I thought it would be fun to just be able to relax, scrap and of course eat!  We had wine and other liquor with us, but only drank the wine. Our first night there it was minus 10 degrees F. We did turn on the gas fireplace to warm up our toesies.  Sooo cold that Dawn's van did not start the next day. Thankfully, she is a member of Triple A.  We got some good scrappin' in   Sunday and Monday morning. We packed up and left on Monday,  a day early because of an impending snowstorm.  Neither one of us wanted to drive in that.

I must say that you really should give Cedaroma Lodge a visit! Whether you're a winter sports fan, a fisherman or like Dawn and I enjoy the indoors while crafty our little hearts out. Believe me, if it were warmer weather Dawn and I would've done more outdoor things. We both enjoy fishing, hiking and nature photography. 

Lynn the owner, is such a nice person always responding to my emails and coming up to the cabin to meet us.  Another great tidbit, she is allowing me to come back next month to finish off my stay since I was not able to take a week all at one time! How cool is that?  Here are some photos of the cabin and how we set up our scrapbooking stash.  Now believe me Dawn has all her scrapbooking stash in her van, so my stuff is about 1/4 of this stash here. Grins.


Scrap goodies

How we finally set up since the light was best here

Dawn scrappin' away

Morning view from our cabin's porch
Cabin number 5, our cabin

Our cabin from the parking spot
I had to include a photo of the fireplace going

I also want to tell you that March and April are perfect times to go to Cedaroma lodge to craft your little heart out, whatever your hobby may be. Right now they're having a promotion, the 3rd night is free. The promotion runs until May 2, 2013. The beds are super comfy and the towels very plush.  If you're like me and like a good hot shower with the water full blast, you'll get  one here!  So often you stay somewhere and the water is so light and just drips out of the shower head. 
That's it for now, I'll put up another post showing you the things I did accomplish while scrappin' in the cabin. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Carmen, what a great write up of your trip! I will post a link to your blog also from the cedaroma blog, www.Cedaroma.blogspot.com.

Looking forward to your return in April!
Lynn